Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finn's Comfort Show

Poor Finn has been sick the last few days. He woke up the other morning with a fever and has just been sluggish. And although you can tell how much he wants to get down on the floor and play, play, play... he doesn't seem to have the energy to do it. So he just sits in my lap and plays with my hair. His sad lethargy elicits a response in me, in which I am willing to give him just about whatever he wants. Though I am a firm believer in keeping children from turning into spoiled tyrants, when Finn is sick all I want is to make him as happy and comfortable as possible, so I throw all structure out the window.

An example from the last few days: Let the boy have his Yo Gabba Gabba, 24-7 if he wants it. It is after all the one and only show that can completely captivate him. One of Finn's FAVORITE episodes has this song on it by the Postmarks and he loves to watch it... which makes total sense to me. I can't help but feel happy when I hear it as well.

So in honor of Finn and his valiant little effort to fight the bug, I present to you: "Balloons"




To stop the music so you can hear this video, hit the pause button on the top right "Playlist" music player (grey box)

6 comments:

The Gage Cage said...

I'm sad little (little big) Finn isn't feeling good. I've never scene that show. It is so funny what kids get into. Be careful what you let him watch while you're pregnant with your next baby. The wiggles still make me nauseous.

Brittany said...

oh your kid is already way too cool and has good taste in music.

Grandma Honey said...

Does Finn have any symptoms besides the fever? If not, then I wonder if it is Roseola. I agree with Krista that you have to be careful what you watch when you are pregnant. I still cannot watch Winnie the Pooh and my baby is 22!
I'll be thinking about Finn. Please give us all an update.
By the way, it was fun working in the kitchen with you Friday night.

Suzanne said...

Baloons make me happy, too. Good call, Finn.

Anonymous said...

Hope Finn feels better... glad we could help! :)

Miranda said...

The first time my kids ever saw that show I swear they were sucked in like zombies. It is just crazy (a little weird) and fun! Arden likes to dance to the music and Ashton bounces up and down on the floor. It is pretty funny. I know it has been a while since Finn was sick but I hope that he is better.