Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yo Gabba Gabba!

We stumbled across this children's television show that is awesome! I have a hard time with many children's shows just because I cannot stand listening to the music over and over again... but we cannot deny Finn his entertainment every now and then.

We found this show called "Yo Gabba Gabba!", which may sound bizarre.. and it kind of is, but SO COOL! Its a kid's tv show on Nick Jr. that has indie bands and guests come on and perform, and the music the puppets sing is stuff I don't mind singing all day long after watching it early morning (unlike Barney)... in fact, I like singing it! And Finn, who does not have too much interest in tv yet, loves this show. The Shins performed on the show! There is a clip of The Postmarks on Yo Gabba Gabba at: http://jezebel.com/357230/the-postmarks-sing-about-balloons-on-yo-gabba-gabba

The show has some funny nuances that are appealing to us big kids. Caleb found it and we have been sold ever since! Speaking of music, for anyone who is interested in the "Poduska Music Lounge", I have posted a second mix. You can listen to our music by clicking on the Poduska Music Lounge link on the right. And if any of you have any music suggestions, I am always looking for new stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

agree on yo gabba gabba & love the shins.

check out erockforkids

Suzanne said...

This is fantastic. I have been YouTube-ing Yo Gabba Gabba! all morning and I wholeheartedly support any television program that teaches children to beatbox.